From Tyranny Wiki
- Miss: A miss occurs when an attack roll results in a low value. This typically occurs when the target's defense is significantly greater than the attacker's Accuracy. Though missed attacks don't deal damage or apply effects, characters still gain skill experience from their attacks. Any attack has a minimum 5% chance to miss.
- Graze: A Graze is any attack that results in only a glancing blow on the target. Grazes deal less damage than a hit, and Afflictions and Interrupts do not apply to the target. Grazes are more likely to occur when the attacker's Accuracy is less than the target's defense. Any attack has a minimum 10% chance to Graze.
- Hit: A Hit results in the target taking standard damage and effects being applied for their standard duration. Any attack has a minimum 5% chance to be a Hit.
- Critical Hit (Crit): A critical hit is a supremely successful attack, and will increase both damage dealt and extend the duration of any applied effects. Crits are more likely to occur when the attacker's Accuracy is significantly greater than the target's defense. Any attack has a 5% minimum chance to crit.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Accuracy bases on the skills governing the weapon used. Basic attacks use one of the primary weapon skills, while Magical attacks combine the skill corresponding to the type of magic attack and the Lore skill, averaging the two to produce the final value. Accuracy bonuses are then computed based on that base value and summarized to produce the final Accuracy value.
- There are five types of Defenses: Parry, Dodge, Endurance, Will, or Magic. Every character and creature has their strengths and weaknesses in combat, making a varied, adaptable combat style your best option for success.
- Attack resolution is further modified by Precision and Deflection.