Bastard's Wound is a location in Bastard's Wound. In a broader sense, it refers to the entire region, an isolated mountain in the Bastard Tier.
The central settlement of the Bastard's Wound is less a town than a ramshackle collection of tents, Beastmen nests, and reclaimed Oldwalls chambers. The refugees have erected sturdy stone bridges over the large chamber's many waterways, and faint light makes its way down from the fractured Oldwalls above.
The Wound gets enough sunlight to cultivate crops on the upper levels - cabbage, gnashroot, radishes. Mushrooms, even. The biggest challenge here is drinking water, despite appearances. Something in the Oldwalls environment leeches into the water and corrupts it, producing a most curious disease in the afflicted. There's no fever or chills, bleeding, vomiting or what have you, but you will waste away over time, as if one were starving.
- This is a rather sprawling, converted section of the Oldwalls, against Kyros' laws. The two people in front will flee as soon as they see you and Mell will approach following them. Talking to him completes Hidden Truths and starts The Ones Who Got Away.
- Wagstaff plies his trade to the southeast, while Jaspos and his Forge-Bound are to the northwest. The Beastmen are to the northeast, with merchants focused in the center of the area.
- Teleporters connect to various areas of the Wound and require keystones for activation. The central one is always active and goes to the Bastard Wound farm, the southernmost (by the entrance) connects to Fractured Depths and Darkened Hollow.
- Mell, the Sage leader (well, in lieu of the actual Sage leader)
- Wagstaff/Jaspos, two competing leaders (a Tidecaster and a Forgebound)