Carving the Path is a quest in Tyranny.
Caedis and Radix have asked you to begin making a path for the Disfavored through the Stone Sea, beginning with Stone Down.
- Travel to Stone Down Gorge. Wipe out the Scarlet Chorus you come across. Head west and down the walkways to reach Octave. Kill him. Go east and kill s'more.
- Go south to run into Beasts. Now, you can attack (with Athletics 59 you can also scare them to get an edge in combat), insult, or tell them (lie) that you come in peace.
- Alternatively, if you bring Kills-in-Shadow, you will be able to enter the camp without having to lie or kill. This enables you to talk to the Beasts residing there. Talking to Rift-Dig will start the quest Divide and Conquer.
- Find Hundred-Blood to the north-east. Talk to her. After she reacts negatively to you working with the Disfavored, you can kill her (and the tribe) or negotiate, promising you'll ensure they pass through peacefully, intimidate them with Athletics 54 or persuade them that the team is harmless with Subterfuge 54. Either way, Hundred-Blood will attack.
- Once the Stonestalkers are all dead, head to Howling Rock. Enter the camp using the sigil, then talk to Radix by Cairn.
- Return to Iron Hearth and report to Ashe.