Heated Words is a quest in Tyranny.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Arri made contact through the Sages who fought in the rebellion at Vendrien's Well. They can introduce you to Renata, their leader, in Effigy on the outskirts of the Burning Library. You'll need to work with her if you're to secure an alliance with the Sages.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Meet with Renata and the Sages in Effigy to request their allegiance. She will ask you to clear the Burning Library of its current tenants.
- Head to the Burning Library. Talk to The Censor, then attack. She will flee, leaving you to deal with the chaff outside. The Athletics 46 option allows you to scare the Blood Chanter into fleeing.
- Enter the Library and make your way through it. The first barrier requires the incomplete passcode, found on a shelf near the dying Sage. Move deeper into the ruination, dispatching Fat Ulsten, Gaptooth, and Numbly as you see fit.
- To reach the lower floor, use the rope and pulley. Assemble the passcode:
- Upper ruins, on a shelf near the fissure.
- Lower ruins, on the shelves to the northeast, near the Sage's statue.
- Lower ruins, on the shelves to the south-west, near the Scourge.
- Upper ruins revisited, on the shelves to the north-east.
- Use the pulley in the revisited part of the upper ruin to reach the access area. Activate the runes in the following order (after dispatching whatever gang boss you didn't eliminate earlier): ↑ ↓ ← → (Sigils of Vigor, Fire, Force, Stone).
- Head down to the Silent Archive. Follow the path to the little island, then confront the Censor.
- Ascend the island and interact with the Archive. You can:
- Seize the scroll and destroy the library in the process.
- Analyze the active spell, then use Lore 55 to deconstruct its focus. You can swap any artifact in your inventory for the Silent Archive, and it will be consumed.
- Return to Renata.