In Chains is a quest in Tyranny.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
You have learned that a Beastman called Left-Claw is being held in Plainsgate/Halfgate on suspicion of killing humans. As a Fatebinder, it is up to you to weigh the evidence of this alleged crime and either condemn the Beastman to death or convince the settlers to set him free. If you speak to all of the villagers about the beast and find the captives alive, you can free him without gaining wrath.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- If you're working for the Chorus, Rancor gives you the quest and asks you to conscript the Beast for the Chorus.
- The resolution of the quest is, generally, at your discretion. However:
- The only evidence that Left-Claw killed the scavengers is the fact he was covered in blood and dragged in by the Chorus after being found in a trap.
- On the other hand, beyond the presumption of innocence, Left-Claw belongs to the Stonestalker Tribe, which does not eat humans. Kills-in-Shadow confirms this. And the scavengers presumed eaten are actually in the hands of the tribe at the Gorge.
- Make a decision. Freeing Left-Claw will earn a favor from the Stonestalker Tribe.→ Killing him is murdering an innocent, but feeds the Archon of Justice's prejudice.→ And then you can conscript him for the Chorus.
- Kills-in-Shadow will like freeing him.