Rust Canyons is a location in Tyranny, unlocked after taking Duskwatch during Into the Maelstrom (Disfavored), A Broken Chord (Scarlet Chorus), or Bound by the Blade (Anarchist).
Kyros' magical storms bored through these once-fertile hills, creating the winding, dust-strewn canyons present today. The process killed both Disfavored and Unbroken soldier alike, and now their corpses remain embedded in the earth. The Unbroken built a fortified camp here, and another group holds a choke point to the southeast. It's essentially a scavenger's warren - garbage fortifications surrounding pits where the Unbroken sift through the rubble in search of an artifact to let them into Sentinel Stand.
- Head forward to find a Resolute Blade struggling to survive despite his wounds. Teodor approaches to put him out of his misery. Elia then appears to taunt him.
- Teodor's camp is in the north-west. Scavenge the crates for loot.
- Approaching the Unbroken camp will trigger a conversation with Elia.
- Head south-east to find the Disfavored prisoners. The Bronze Armiger will start a conversation that will only end in tears if you're following the Disfavored.
- The inside of the camp can be accessed through the main gate or the eastern gate.
- Inside, you'll have to reach the small plateau on the right hand side to shoot out the winch and reach Elia. This completes the That Which Remains quest.
- Beyond the gate there's more Unbroken. A small camp is located in the north-eastern corner. To dislodge the boulder, you need the Sturdy Metal Pole or 35 Athletics. The locked chest inside contains Harm's Way.
- The plateau overlooking the Disfavored camp has a hidden cache with Unstoppable Force. You can learn of its existence by saving the Disfavored prisoners in the south-eastern corner.
- Teodor, Disfavored commander
- Anwen, Disfavored merchant
- Elia, Unbroken commander