Sentinel Stand is a location in Tyranny. It is unlocked by speaking to Graven Ashe at the Iron Hearth.
This battered fortress is the historic home of Stalwart's ruling families, the Regents. Protected by two massive walls, it was never taken during the Conquest, marking the 44th siege repulsed at the Stand. Frustrated with the siege, Kyros issued an Edict that severely damaged the castle and left it encased within a massive, perpetual tornado.
- The approach to the keep is straightforward: Down through the remnants of the moat. Head forward to meet Rativek, a Disfavored scout. Follow him up the ramp to reach the outskirts of the keep - and gain a boost to Barik's loyalty if he's present.
- After you're done talking, the Bane will attack, composed of two Scourges and two Wisps.
- Once you begin the assault on the Keep, you will arrive at either of two entry points. If you fight for the Disfavored, you can aid an Earthshaker mage to the west and learn that he was cut off from his commander.
- Head through the opening to run into Rumalan and Janos. You can climb down into the moat (47 Athletics) and head to the eastern part of the area. Help the Earthshaker/Jagged Remedy and you'll find Titan's Hoof in the locked chest. It's necessary in case you don't help the Disfavored, as you need to pull down the moat.
- Entering the Keep is possible by attacking or by infiltrating it (Subterfuge 53) or intimidating (Athletics 53). Otherwise, head to the main entrance and confront Straydus.
- To open the portculis, use the Broken Spear found in the turned-over cart or use Athletic 53 to force it.
- The central area is defined by the enclosed bladewall platform. Check the wall by the left-hand battlement to find a hidden niche with the Ringblade. After fighting through the troops in the center, find the plans for Crashing Thunder in the chest in the right-hand area.
- The upper level contains the last group and obstacle before the Keep's interior. To the left are the upper battlements, including a locked chest containing the Jewel of Fortune.