The Weight of Aegis is a quest in Bastard's Wound.
Barik requested that you petition Tunon the Adjudicator to have his armor removed. Speak with Tunon at his court in the Bastard City.
- Barik requests that you petition Tunon the Adjudicator to have his armor removed. Speak with Tunon at his court in the Bastard City.
- Tunon will inevitably rule that Barik is to remain in his armor and forbade citizens of Kyros' dominion from helping him remove it. You should discuss Barik's predicament with him. It's possible to decide that he should remain forever encased inside the armor - for an average Loyalty boost - or decide to find a way to circumvent the Archon's ruling.
- In order to study Barik, you need the help of a specialized smith that would not be opposed to disobeying Kyros' law. Possible recruits include Forge-Bound hired at your spires, Lohara or Zdenya (depending on the choices you made in the story), or a special smith living in the Stone Sea.
- Convincing Zdenya or any other loyalist will require either Lore 52 to point out a technicality in Tunon's judgment, or appealing to her feelings with Subterfuge 57. You can always order her (→) or ask her to find someone willing to help. She will point to Lohara, who will have to be convinced to aid (pulling rank is another →). A Diplomat, War Mage, or Guild Apprentice backgrounds help.
- The examination offers several opportunities for gaining Loyalty and Fear with Barik, but ultimately, you will have to head to Sentinel Stand Outskirts to gain a sample of the metal Barik's armor was fashioned from.
- Whatever the case, your loyal mage smith will determine that Graven Ashe's Aegis is what keeps Barik melded to his armor. Barik refuses to abandon the Disfavored or betray the Archon of War. Until a way to separate Barik from the Aegis presents itself, he will remain trapped in his metal prison. This lasts until Act 3.