Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Vendrien Guard is one of the factions of the world of Tyranny.
Background[edit | edit source]
Ceremonial honor guard of House Vendrien, rulers of Apex before Kyros' invasion. It is the former army of the land-locked Realm of Apex, defenders of the central region of the Tiers. Named for House Vendrien, the ruling dynasty of Apex, the Guard has a reputation for being as resilient and stubborn as the mountains themselves. Ostensibly beaten by Kyros' armies and forced to surrender in 429, the Guard resurfaced in 431, brazenly defying the Overlord's rule. The primary driving force behind the insurgency is House Tarkis.
The cause of the insurgency was simple: While a lot of them were conscripted in the Chorus, three of the leaders - Captains Arri, Matani, and Florian, never turned themselves in. Instead, they hid in the valley, gathering up what resources they could until they could challenge the local garrison. At highest count, earlier in 431 TR, they numbered over four hundred - their ranks swollen by soldiers of the Bastard City, Haven and Azure that survived the war. However, the Guard is moribund: Kyros' will is absolute and the fate of those in the Well sealed.
The Guard itself has no illusions about their fate, interestingly enough. Their goal is to inspire the Tiers and trigger a popular uprising, with the Guard and the Apex patriots acting as martyrs to inspire the people.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Reputations[edit | edit source]
- Conquest (Apex):
- Respect the local customs and side with the Scarlet Chorus, infiltrating the local peacetime celebration.
- Negotiate with the Queen of Apex and bring the conflict to an end diplomatically.
- Welcome to Ruin: Allow Tarkis Demos to join the Scarlet Chorus.
- Taking the Outer Valley: Negotiate a peaceful surrender of Pelox Florian.
- The Battle of Echocall Crossing: Let Matani Sybil go (major) or just the villagers (average), don't burn the village. Minor wrath is always incurred for completing the quest.
- Free the Vendrien prisoners.
- Meet Tarkis Arri under the flag of truce.
- Choose to fight alongside the Guard at Vendrien's Well.
- Conquest (Apex):
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Charismatic||Reach maximum Favor with a faction.|
|Intimidating||Reach maximum Wrath with a faction.|
References[edit | edit source]