Vendrien Guard is one of the factions of the world of Tyranny.
Ceremonial honor guard of House Vendrien, rulers of Apex before Kyros' invasion. It is the former army of the land-locked Realm of Apex, defenders of the central region of the Tiers. Named for House Vendrien, the ruling dynasty of Apex, the Guard has a reputation for being as resilient and stubborn as the mountains themselves. Ostensibly beaten by Kyros' armies and forced to surrender in 429, the Guard resurfaced in 431, brazenly defying the Overlord's rule. The primary driving force behind the insurgency is House Tarkis.
The cause of the insurgency was simple: While a lot of them were conscripted in the Chorus, three of the leaders - Captains Arri, Matani, and Florian, never turned themselves in. Instead, they hid in the valley, gathering up what resources they could until they could challenge the local garrison. At highest count, earlier in 431 TR, they numbered over four hundred - their ranks swollen by soldiers of the Bastard City, Haven and Azure that survived the war. However, the Guard is moribund: Kyros' will is absolute and the fate of those in the Well sealed.
The Guard itself has no illusions about their fate, interestingly enough. Their goal is to inspire the Tiers and trigger a popular uprising, with the Guard and the Apex patriots acting as martyrs to inspire the people.
- Conquest (Apex):
- Respect the local customs and side with the Scarlet Chorus, infiltrating the local peacetime celebration.
- Negotiate with the Queen of Apex and bring the conflict to an end diplomatically.
- Be polite to Eb and bow to her at the end of the prisoner exchange attempt.
- Use Lore to recognize Matani Sybil's house sigil at Echocall.
- Conquest (Apex):
- During the local peacetime celebration, slaughter everyone while leading the Disfavored.
- Slay the Queen of Apex and force the Vendrien Guard to a prompt surrender.